Saturday, August 1, 2009

#4

Here is the update for #4 (see name poll on the side).

It is definitely a girl! Rudy and Sam were both hoping there was an error and they would find out this was a boy. No such luck, guys.

She is very cute. They took lots of face photos. She reminds me of Sam when he was a baby. I am 34 weeks (just about), but she is measuring at 36 weeks+. She is already about 6 lbs. I will be closely monitored so that she doesn't get too big and get her shoulder stuck (which is what happened with Sam). That is dangerous because you can contract around the neck and kill the baby. So when that happened with Sam (who was 9lbs. 13 oz, 23 in long), the nurse had to jump on the table and push on my belly and Sam slid out. But I remember the doctor saying, "Get this baby out now!)

So, my next visit will prob be another ultrasound (more insurance issues) and an amniosentisis to check the development of the lungs. If the lungs are developed and baby is big (she is already), the doctor will induce me early. If I go into early labor, that's fine too.

The doctor did clear me to drive to NY and pick up Sam, Micah, and Gabi, who have been with their grandparents, aunites, and uncles since beg. of July. So when Keith get's here, Keith, Rudy, and I will drive (well, I will be the passenger, no driving for me) to NY, about 12 hours away.

We are testing out how easy it will be for us to get back and forth to our family, now that we are all in the same time zone!

3 comments:

  1. So happy you are closer. It takes us 11 hours to drive to NY. Haven't tryed it yet. We have gone to DC though which is 8 hours. We are planning on going for Kwanzaa/Christmas already. You sound great and it looks like Sam wil be showered with lots of female sibling energy. Reminds me of Kojo except he was the youngest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We plan to be there too. Great! We will see you in Dec.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kafi, I am SO SO happy for you that you have a sabbatical! What a needed blessing. I pray now that the funding will come through faithfully all year. Miss you, Claire O.

    ReplyDelete