Saturday, August 1, 2009

Prayer Requests

Please keep these prayer concerns / requests in mind:

1) My health insurance: I had to go to the emergency room on Tuesday. Rudy had to spend his birthday with me in the observation room in Labor and Delivery. I had not been feeling well all day. I felt extremely faint at one point, and took a long nap. When I woke up, I was covered is sweat (even though I sleep with the fan going). I took a temperature, it was 101.2. The doctor told me to come in and get observed. I thought that was a great idea. When I delivered Gabi and entered the hospital for check in, the nurse asked me "how long did I this have a fever?" Imagine my surprise. They gave me tylenol, but no blankets or water, only IV and ice chip because I was in active labor. So I had to deliver with a fever. Gabi came out with an elevated temp as well. They had to monitor her.

Anyhow, I was concerned this time too. But all is good. After about 3 hours, they could not find anything. No major contractions. No nothing. So I went home. I technically do not have insurance right now. I am trying to deal with COBRA and make sure it is funded. Please pray for both of those.

I have always (since Sam was sick) understood how good insurance has become a luxury in the USA. Not making a political statement, but it is a moral shame for people to go with out and try to figure out how they will get basic services. We have failed in this regard to be righteous toward the poor and working people. I hope the Gov't and Insurance giants, remedy this very soon! (No political comments allowed!)

2) Please check out the link for Caring Bridge for Isaiah Medrano. http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/isaiahmedrano
He is a friends infant who has been through some major health challenges already in his young life. He's not yet one year old. Join us in praying for him and his family.

3) Keith Lee is bringing our car out from LA to Grand Rapids. He sent me this great schedule. He is awesome! He used to be Rudy's executive assistant ans was very good at it. So I should not be surprised with his organizational skills. But he will be driving by himself and a few of the legs seem long to me. Pray for his safety.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kafi,

    I am totally aware of your situation as it relates to healthcare. I was pink slipped after this school year and will be taking an unofficial sabbatical as well.There are some programs out there with affordable health insurance until job insurance is secured once again. Call me if you need further info.

    ReplyDelete